Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Beach Time...

The sun decided to shine this afternoon, and we headed over to the local beach. We're lucky to live so close as I have a feeling this is going to be a popular destination this summer... We loaded the car with only ourselves and a shovel and bucket. A little forward thinking may have served me well, in this instance...

Sweet... I know what to do here.


Do I like sand, or don't I like sand? I better check again...


Ohhhhh... a creek to stomp in!


I really wanted to go swimming, but my lame mom said I had to stay out of the water and just throw rocks and sand instead...


This is the best puddle I've ever found! (Yeah, those boots are really doing a lot...)


Exploring all regions of the creek bed... resulting in a completely soaked toddler.


Remember how I didn't bring anything but ourselves... So, Maeve had to bare it on the way home... she didn't seem to mind too much.

It was only when I was driving home that I remembered something about that creek being closed last summer. Google just told me that it was closed due to high levels of fecal bacteria. Awesome. Good thing I have sick days built up to deal with the diarrhea I should be expecting in about 12 hours time from my thumb-sucking toddler. Sorry Maeve. At least it was fun while it lasted, right?

1 comment:

McSpeert said...

So funny cause I was reading this post thinking... NO NO... not the Carkeek Park creek... it is full of bleep.