Sunday, March 6, 2011

Now I Get It...

On Saturday, after participating in the Ethiopian Community Center's playgroup, I drove Maeve to the Wilson's so that she could have a sleepover, and I drove back down to the Beach House to have a girl's night sans children. I have been quite tired and had been looking forward to this break for weeks. I love my girlfriends and I think its so important to stay connected and have this type of time with them, but I have to say, I really really missed Maeve. I remember hearing people talk like this pre-Maeve, and essentially I would roll my eyes at their lack of release from their children. But, now I totally get it. I've had to leave Maeve overnight before, but its usually because I have to work, not because I want to relax... it felt weird. Anyway, don't get me wrong -- I wasn't sitting in the corner rocking back and forth -- I pushed through and had a great time. But, I did pick up Maeve earlier than I had planned today. I love that little girl...


I didn't miss having a toddler through the night and early morning, however. I couldn't sleep-in very well, but I "managed" to stay in bed dozing off and on for quite a while, just because I could :-) Who wouldn't, with a view like this from your bed?


Despite missing my girl, I never worried that she wasn't being totally and completely loved on the whole time that I was away. Annie kindly sent me plenty of photos and videos of all her happenings. Here is Abe being sandwiched by Dan and Maeve...


Maeve and her love affair with the Wilson boys... Eli.

1 comment:

Orange Girl said...

So very lovely to see you both yesterday.
I'm glad you got a little break- one morning off ever so often is enough to recharge a bit of the sleep debt and makes things some much better!
And *sigh* I want to be part of a Maeve and Dan sandwich.... :)