Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hunkered In...

If you read the post about yesterday, you'd understand why we didn't do anything today. It was so nice just to be.

Unfortunately, because I "just be" a little too often, I need to exercise. I aborted the plan to run outside today because it was windy. I want to work out, but I don't want to work out too hard... ha ha. So, Jillian made an appearance. Maeve's never met Jillian before because I typically bond with her while Maeve's sleeping. It was hilarious watching Maeve try to mimic the workout. It became counterproductive, however, when Maeve saw me lay down to do sit ups. She climbed onto me, lay her head back on my knees and put her feet under my chin. Ummm... not helping Maeve. Not helping.



Then, because we "exercised" we decided it would be a good idea to make cookies. This is a big step for me. I know my friends' toddlers are sort of capable of helping with baking, but Maeve isn't. She likes to fling things everywhere, she's at high risk for jumping down from the counter, and she wants to stick her hands in the kitchenaid when its operating. But, because I'm trying to give her the experiences she deserves, I persevered against all odds. I'm happy to say that both of us survived, all body parts are accounted for, and we have very edible cookies in house.


P.S. - Ignore the bed head that we didn't remedy until evening bath time... Lazy days mean we don't have to do hair...

No comments: