Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gong Show...

I think that's how I have to describe yesterday. Amy and I took Maeve and Bennett to a toddler fair. Being rookies to these types of things, it sounded really good on paper. I'm still glad we went, but it was pretty chaotic... Although all the games and activities were geared for toddlers, I forget that the concepts of lines, and only taking 3 shots at the basketball hoop, for example, would be lost on Maeve. That being said. Still fun. Where the gong show really started was at lunch. Innocently enough, Amy and I took the kids to Red Robin so that they could fill up their bellies and then crash into a coma-state en route home and nap peacefully for hours... ha ha ha ha. Lunch was a scene, to say the least. We left the waitress an awesome tip just because she had to deal with us. I lost it and barely recovered at the point when my diet coke was spilled across the table... I laughed so hard, I was crying. We left, with two toddlers and two balloons in tow...

Napping was sketchy on both parts but we regrouped later that day downtown -- this time with Amber and Avery on board too. A little shopping was done and then dinner out. What the hell were we thinking?! Two meals out in one day? Maeve won the award of crazy/wild child in the restaurant. Awesome. Super fun and relaxing. As I type this, my shoulders are rising just thinking about it. We survived, and I uncorked a bottle of red as soon as the wee one was snoring away upstairs.

Maeve and Bennett "fishing"...


Maeve trying to figure out what to do here... kick? I only know how to play basketball... Apparently we need to work on soccer.


Cupcakes were spotted early in the carnival experience. Thank the lord, Bennett won at the cakewalk as I'm not sure what the other option would've been for Maeve...


Yum!


Double Yum!


What's a carnival without face painting. Maeve immediately rubbed hers off as soon as it was on... Oh well.


And, second to the cupcakes, the highlight may have been when Maeve discovered mud puddles outside of the carnival...


A fire truck made an appearance to the carnival...


Dinner. I can see my need for wine when I look at this picture. Ha. Here we are showing off the strawberry cheesecake all 6 of us shared....

No comments: