Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fav's...

Current happenings....

Our favorite song these days is "Frosty the Snowman" (thank you Avery)... Ummm... I get stuck after the first verse, which is a problem because my daughter has obsessive compulsive tendencies and requires the song to be repeated and repeated and repeated... I need to sit down and just memorize the lyrics as my child is going to be made fun of -- because at this point I'm just making up the lyrics. Frosty is doing and saying things he's never done or said before... whatev.

Maeve's favorite book at the moment is "We're going on a Bear Hunt"... I do love how sensitive Maeve is to people and animals. This is a book that we read over and over and over again too. And recently, Maeve's become really sad at the end of the book because she thinks the bear is sad. She is so empathetic that she gives the bear a hug and kiss. Yesterday morning she started to cry with crocodile tears even. How sweet is that, (I think)? Except that I flash forward to teenage years and realize that I'm going to have an emotional one on my hands. But, don't worry... I made up an alternative ending so that she isn't as concerned about the bear's emotional well being now. Its good to start covering up real emotions from an early age, right?

2 comments:

Neil Readshaw said...

Interesting that Bear Hunt is a favorite book at the moment for Maeve. That book was one of Brooke's as well. Brooke never quite got the sadness of the bear at the end despite discussing it often.

Kristen said...

That is so sweet! We love the Bear Hunt too, but who really lets their kids hunt for bear? And should they really slow down to take their shoes off to go back through the river as they are being chased by a bear?? So funny. The bear does look sad. Just remind Maeve that the bear would have eaten the kids had they let him in :).