Sunday, March 6, 2011

Beach House!

After work on Thursday, Maeve and I drove down to the Beach House to join the gang for a few nights of leisure (a big thanks to Jeff and Janey for always being so generous to us and sharing their home). We always love staying there -- it is just so relaxing. The kids love it too because they get to head to the beach and explore. Throughout the weekend we managed to lounge, play games, watch movies, and have funny conversations... Thanks Amy, Amber, Leann, and Melanie for a great Beach Weekend (and Avery, Bennett, and Maeve, of course!)

Everyone geared up and ready for some serious exploration...


"Check it out... you can throw the sand in the water behind us!"


Now this is my kind of puddle for stompin'...


I love the beach!


A huge mouthful of sand...


...somehow this doesn't taste as good as it used to. Ha ha.


It was cold. I won the prize as Maeve was the first one to ask to go inside. Thank you Maeve. Brrr...


There were plenty of stories. Of course Amy was the favorite storyteller, as always.


Let me give you a hug -- aka a head lock


Maeve returning the favor...


Bennett, Avery, and Maeve. Friends...


Our fantastic view.


On Saturday, Maeve and I drove back into the city to attend the monthly Ethiopian Community Center play group for young children. I am just so excited that this is an option for Maeve, and myself. It is an opportunity to meet other Ethiopians and adoptive families. It is a time for the children to play, learn Ethiopian songs, do crafts, and eat Ethiopian food. And, I spent my time chatting to some new and old friends that I've met through the adoption process. I feel so fortunate that our city has this Ethiopian Community Center. Eventually, when Maeve gets older, she can attend the cultural class that is offered once a month, so that she can learn more about the amazing country she is from.

No comments: