Friday, March 25, 2011

Ahhhh....

I have got to say I am ready, with a capital 'R' for spring. I am done with this drab winter. So, how ecstatic was I to see the sun out and shining all day today. I thought I'd missed the nice weather this week due to a little thing called 'work'. It is forecasted to be solid rain for the next 9 days. But, mother nature threw us a bone and gave us one more excellent day. Ahhhhhhh....

The day started off questionably. Apparently 5:20am seemed like a perfectly good time to start the day for Maeve. Umm. Awesome, in not a good way. By 9am Maeve found herself back in her crib due to cranky behavior and had her first of 3 naps today. This well napped lil' girl became the happiest toddler in Seattle this afternoon. She was so so fun.

We get giddy when the sun is out so we packed in a whole lot of fun. After saying goodbye to Auntie Jodie and the girls (who had come down for a couple of nights and played with Maeve on Thursday), we headed to the lake for a run (nap #2), playground fun, and a bonafide picnic out on the grass for lunch with Amber, Amy, Avery, and Bennett. Post nap #3 found us dusting off the trike, meeting a bunch of our neighbors who have kids the same age as Maeve, and another play at the playground. We had a dance party at home and ended our night with a bunch of laughter and stories. Such a fun day.

I'm going to have to be forward thinking and not do puffs on bike days in the future... I could barely squash that helmet on Maeve's head...


Whaoo hooo... Slides!


Life is pretty awesome...