Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hair...

I'm on a quest. A life long quest, I'm sure, to do Maeve's hair well. Before I even had Maeve I scoured the internet in search of the "answer" to African hair. Ha Ha Ha... I now know that the answer is a moving target. Nevertheless, I had the gist of what I needed to do, but never really had a routine, per se. That is changing. Its for the best all round because, although Maeve is not a big fan of doing her hair ever, our consistency is paying off. I have found some products that seem to be working well with Maeve's hair -- I am trying to find the balance of keeping her hair moisturized, without putting in too much product. I took Maeve into a salon, which was helpful as I could ask specific questions about care and products. I also found out that on one head, you can have several different types of hair throughout. That may explain the back of Maeve's head -- my nemesis to detangle and moisturize. I also introduced the satin hat for sleeping, and surprisingly, Maeve took to it right away. In fact, she asks for her 'sleep hat' before she goes to bed now.

I have embarked on some braids and beads... I need a little work on the style department, and my dexterity needs vast improvement, but some beads managed to make their way onto Maeve's head at the end of the day...




I hope Maeve will always think that her hair is beautiful... because it is.

1 comment:

CJ said...

a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e. we love maeve! the other day while riding together, daphne said, "maeve is my favorite baby. next to beckett, of course." i know how you feel daph. miss you, friend! hope you have a great girls' weekend!