Sunday, January 9, 2011

Weekend Events...

Friday was Ethiopian Christmas -- Ye Ganna Baal. It is so great to be able to celebrate Ethiopian holidays for Maeve -- I love having more celebrations throughout the year. Unfortunately, I found out late in the week that there was, in fact, a celebration happening at our local Ethiopian Community Center, but it fell exactly during Maeve's nap time. I feel badly that we didn't do more to celebrate this year, but I will definitely ramp it up for next year. That being said, the spirit of celebrating family and friends was not lost this weekend -- we had the most fantastic weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and our good friends.

Friday started with our regular breakfast date, but this time it was over at Carin and Jeff's, with Ryan playing host to the kids. Immediately following that, Annie joined Maeve and myself for some Ethiopian food to celebrate Ye Ganna Baal. Yum. (Sorry.. no pics. We were too busy gabbing...) I wanted to dress Maeve up in a traditional Ethiopian dress, but sadly she is between sizes at the moment... I guess that will have to be next year too. Next, my great friend, CJ came to stay for a couple of nights and brought Pax and Beckett -- Maeve's good friends! It was a really really fun and laid back weekend. I love friends. I love friends because they are relaxing and easy to be around, and you can just be yourself at all times (at least these ones are.. ha!) Here are some pics of what went down...


I'd venture to guess the kids had a fantastic time with Ryan and playing with all the cool toys...


Pax and Maeve put their backpacks on and were "heading on a hike" apparently...


Off to the zoo we headed. Love that I didn't take a photo of the real Hippos that were all out, but got the "dead one" (per Pax) instead. They both decided to smooch on the poor thing...


Pax and Cj. Pax was in heaven... you would've thought he was at Disneyland he was so excited. He loves his animals and the zoo was so exciting to him. I realize now that I take it for granted to be living only minutes away...


Pax and Maeve checking out the birds...


The lion was out and roaring...


Maeve checking to see how Beckett was liking the zoo too...


The sea otters were a hit...


We ended the zoo trip off with a carousel ride... and then home for nap time.


After 3 naps were had, we hit the park...


Could Beckett be any sweeter??


"I just don't understand why we're stopped!! I'm on a bike... we're supposed to be moving!!"


The two early birds...

No comments: