Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK

Julie posted this youtube video on her blog. It made me cry -- as it should. Martin Luther King Jr's role in advancing the civil rights movement has affected millions of lives. My daughter is one of these lives MLK has impacted. This is a very different country now. There is still work to be done to eradicate racism, but MLK's dream is still alive.... and I hold that dream too.

If you can find 6 mins to watch this video, its worth it....




I've always thought celebrating MLK days was great. But, I've never gone and marched before, I'm embarrassed to say. MLK is very personal to me now. This day will be highly respected in our family always, therefore I switched work days so that Maeve and I could begin an annual tradition of marching. We joined Dan, Annie, Eli, and Abe for the march and had a fantastic day.





I'm so thankful that we live in a city that finds this day very significant also. Happy Martin Luther King day to everyone. Dream big.

No comments: