Sunday, November 21, 2010

Celebrating Family Day...

Exactly a year ago tomorrow, Maeve and I were united in Ethiopia and we became a family. So, because I think this is a perfectly great reason to celebrate, we invited our friends over for some Ethiopian food and good conversation. Maeve and I are so lucky to be surrounded by so many great people... we love our friends and we're thankful that they are in our life.

This is what Maeve woke up to this morning... par-tay!!


And, this is what Maeve woke up to after her nap... yum!


So, she put on her Ethiopian party dress...


...and let the socializing begin.


It was so fun just to watch the kids play and enjoy each other...


...while having a little bit of adult conversation as well.


par-tay on the stairs... Maeve was totally in her element and definitely enjoyed her party.

3 comments:

DeeAnn said...

What fun! And, you made all of the ET food? I'm impressed:). You're supermom!

shauna said...

So... do I allow you to continue to believe that I cooked the Ethiopian food? Not so super... instead, resourceful. :-)

DeeAnn said...

Resourcefulness is super!