Monday, November 15, 2010

Beach House Weekend!!!

We just got back from Beach House Weekend! In fact, it was really Chelsea Weekend because we surprised our good friend with a ticket to Seattle so that we could spend the weekend with her. We love her and we wanted to see her... it was a great time for us all. Over the last four days we packed in a lot of fun and relaxation. The itinerary? Four nights total at the Beach House -- two nights with children, and two nights sans children. So, my mom generously came down and took Maeve for the two nights (and spoiled her rotten) while I stuck behind with the girls... It was the longest I'd ever been away from Maeve. It felt weird and I was anxious to get back to her, but I definitely relished my time of total loafing... I'm no fool. The first two days found ourselves out on the beach and at the park a lot. The second two days found us mostly on the couch or at the table playing games... we even made it to a movie at the theater. Super fun. This post is picture heavy.. but, there were so many cute photos of the wee one...

Chelsea!!!


Getting all geared up to play on the beach... I kind of felt like we should've been hitting the slopes based on how many layers the kids wore and how long it took to get ready...


Come on guys... let's get to the beach!


Maeve made sure she got herself good and sandy...


Family shot...


Another one...


This one LOVES the beach and getting dirty...


And, her love of eating sand has decreased only slightly...


Ummm.. hello? Why would you stay inside?


Getting ready for bed...


Dance party...


Chelsea and Maeve feeding the birds...


Park time...


Friends...


Friends...


Swing time...


Its really bright out here...


Back to the beach...


I'd walk right out to swim if only my mommy would let me...


So, I'll just play in the muddy sand instead...


And throw it everywhere...


But, I don't want to go back inside...


Another family shot...


Group Photo...


Story time...


And, the children are all back home... let a different type of fun begin...

1 comment:

eastiopians said...

Maeve's "Back to the Beach" picture is pure gold. Could make mills easily. :) Great pictures. But man, I hate cold weather and all those layers make me cringe a little. I see that it doesn't bother you though b/c all of you have amazing smiles on your faces! :)

Theresa