Saturday, October 2, 2010

Leavenworth 2010 Half Marathon...

...check. I survived. Apparently you don't really have to train for these things... Amazingly, I actually felt much better running this year versus last. Normally its all about survival, and I'm super happy it wasn't as painful as I was expecting. Thank you ibuprofen... and thank you Jillian (btw... I feel like I was allowed to skip a day from the 30 day shred if I ran a half marathon?!)

The weather could not have been more perfect -- cool for running, hot for the day. The course is so scenic and the mountains and rivers did not disappoint.

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for coming down and babysitting Maeve overnight... I know she was spoiled (she told me when I got home). Pictures to come of her weekend tomorrow...

This year's runners -- Paul, Kolleen, Amy, and me... Pre-race photo.


Post-race celebrations... Oktoberfest!! Super fun.


There was singing, dancing, and a lot of people watching...


Until next year... Prost!!

No comments: