Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The 'haps Around Here...

Oh my gosh, Maeve is fun these days. I think she feels liberated with her new walking ability and her toddlerisms are becoming more and more pronounced. She really is a kick in the pants and continues to be the most expressive little thing that I know. Basically, she reacts for the benefit of those around her most of the time. She also finds humor in the funniest things. "Whao" is one of her favorite words at the moment -- and I just love that she knows how to use it. She became startled tonight over a loud noise and almost jumped out of my lap -- she just looked at me and said, "whoa" and proceeded to belly laugh about being startled. And, instead of saying "uh oh" she says "oooooh". She is speaking up a storm; some of which I understand and the rest I just pretend to know what she's talking about. She is also definitely more and more opinionated about how things go down around her now. There have been occasional temper tantrums -- like the other day when she wasn't jiving with getting her teeth brushed and lost it in her chair. I proceeded to calmly take her out of her chair, lay her down on the floor and give her a minute to sort it out. When I reappeared she totally shunned me -- she whipped her head to the side to let me know she was angry with me. What?! Oh my... has it begun? Fortunately I was getting snuggles soon after... Phew.

So here is our afternoon... fun and laziness mixed into one.


Maeve attacking me. She always goes after my belly button because she thinks they are hilarious... (don't worry, I'll save you from that image)

I just love that lil' booty of hers and how her clothes get hung up... (funny how I find that horrifying when it happens to me...)


Out for a trike ride this beautiful afternoon...


But, then we wanted to walk the rest of the way home...


and abandon this...


I'm thinking helmets all the time aren't such a bad idea while she perfects this thing called walking because the number of near misses and direct hits she's been taking lately is a bit nerve wracking...


Outside our door... Triangle face was good enough for me when I was a kid, I figured it was sufficient for us now... maybe we'll carve the other two, maybe we won't... but either way, I'm way more festive this year than any other year in the past...


Leaves are so much fun...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG. The picture of her sitting with the pumpkins needs to be blown up HUGE! It is so adorable.

Can't wait to see her walking next week!

lv, CT