Monday, October 11, 2010

Canadian Thanksgiving...

Annual Dinner #9...

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canucks out there. Last night was our annual feast involving turkey, stuffing, everything else, plus yummy yummy pumpkin pie. It was quite the spread. It felt very weird to not be involved in helping create the dinner this year. My contribution every year is the turkey and stuffing... But, due to the little mishap that occurred on Saturday night, Maeve (and I) needed a day of rest and recuperation on Sunday, and therefore Amy and Brent took over turkey and stuffing duties for me. I simply handed off the 24 lb turkey and stuffing makings, and they took it from there. After 2 - 2.5 hour naps yesterday, Maeve was ready to partake in the feast and we showed up just like regular folk. Thank you again, Amy and Brent for hosting such a great evening.

I need to talk to Maeve about Thanksgiving etiquette though -- I didn't eat nearly enough yesterday. I didn't even feel stuffed, nevermind, ill from total gluttony. I only ate one piece of pumpkin pie if that tells you anything. Maeve had other plans that involved me walking around with her... Next year I'll prep her a little better :-)

Our official turkey carvers... and connoisseurs


the "kid table"...


I tried to match Maeve's outfit with her trendy new coban headband...


Enjoying the spread...


We love Canadian Thanksgiving...


In all honesty, I nearly did ruin Canadian Thanksgiving. Its quite difficult to find such a large turkey this time of year, south of the border... more difficult this year than most. I finally found a place that could hook me up with the right bird. What I failed to realize is that the meat shop closed at 3pm on Friday for the weekend and I just happened to swing by at 2:30pm... Phew. Dodged a bullet there.

No comments: