Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mail...

Check out what showed up on our doorstep today--



Part of the joy of parenting is being able to expose your children to experiences that may help influence their opinions about things. For example, U2. Maeve is going to be a fan whether she likes it or not. Ha. I mean, she has to be. Probably the most joyful day of my life involved Maeve and U2 -- On October 28th, 2009 I learned that I passed court in Ethiopia and Maeve and I were officially a family, and that same night I attended the U2 360 tour in Vancouver. Could you celebrate any better way?

So, it is kind of surreal to pop in U2's 360 tour DVD and watch it with Maeve at my side. And, the best part was that Maeve loved it. She would shriek (the only time I think shrieking is acceptable) and dance. And, everytime I asked Maeve where Bono was, she'd turn around and point at the TV. Love that girl.

Maeve showing me where Bono was...


Mesmerized, as she should be...


Of course, she already knows who the Edge and Bono are because they are part of her "Who Loves You" book. And, no, I don't have a problem. I don't think...

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

Ha! Ha! Ha!...what good taste Maeve has. :)

karen gerstenberger said...

Loved this!

Mary Nevin said...

i stumbled upon your blog and just adore it!! Your video about meeting Maeve made me cry with joy. I'll definitely be following your beautiful blog!!

Anonymous said...

I recently came across your blog :) I am considering adopting a child from Ethiopia so it's been great to read your story.
I've been a huge fan of U2 for 20 odd years and so excited to be seeing them in concert for their 360 tour very soon!! Yay for Bono, The Edge, Adam & Larry.
And I love your daughters irish name, Maeve :)

M.K.A.E.W. said...

You added Bono and the Edge to the "Who Loves You" book....too funny!!