Thursday, September 2, 2010

I Feel Like I'm on Holidays...

Yet, I'm not.... funny how that happens. I just feel like taking a break from household chores and errands, AKA reality (which I think I'm always losing the battle to these days anyway), and just take it easy. Maeve's daycare is closed this week for their annual summer break. But, true to form, my friends rallied and I had no worries about who or where Maeve would be (with). As luck would have it, work was overstaffed this week due to low patient census, thus giving me the opportunity to leave work early every day, or not having to show up at all, as was the case yesterday. See, like I said, I'm on holidays despite the fact I'm scheduled to work this week. I considered yesterday a freebie. I typically don't manage laundry or housekeeping on work days, so why would I partake in those tasks on my bonus day off? I was reminded of a life pre-Maeve. During her naps yesterday I watched Season 5 of The Office marathon-style while laying horizontal on the couch... Amy was off the hook from watching Maeve, so we decided to meet up for a little, kid-friendly, happy hour dinner with friends instead. These are the things that make you smile. Its going to be a rough transition into full-time work status again next week. If I could find a job that paid full-time hours but only required part-time work, that would be dreamy. I bet no one else ever thinks that... Ha. My life is great... I have no complaints whatsoever.... but, a house cleaner and personal assistant would really come in handy from time to time :-)

Thank you friends for your willingness to watch and love on Maeve when I need help. Maeve's village is so quality.

I love technology these days... here are some photos I received during the hours when I worked. Maeve is loved and doted on. That is all you can ask. And, today Maeve came home with a balloon and a new stuffed friend... I came home with flowers and bags of groceries. Now that's speaking our love language...




No comments: