Thursday, August 12, 2010

Referralversary plus a day...

I had intended to post something last night, but somehow I found myself asleep on the couch the moment I sat down, and never recovered...

So, one year ago, less a day, my world was forever changed. I saw Maeve's face for the first time and I could finally begin to imagine being a mommy to this little person. I stared, studied, and memorized every feature that I could see on the four photographs sent to me. Last year I was full of emotion as I called all my family and friends to tell them I finally knew who my daughter was. I happy houred with Jeff and Carin and then had a celebatory dinner with my peeps.

This year we celebrated the eve of referralversary at the same restaurant... with Maeve in attendance this year, instead of just her photo. And yesterday, on the day, when I picked her up from daycare I was greeted with a huge smile, a hug and kiss, and pats on my back. How different my life is one year later... and I wouldn't change it for the world.


"The Call"


Showing anyone and everyone a picture of my daughter...


Out with the girls (plus Amy who is taking the photo)...


And, this year... out for dinner with Maeve celebrating too...


Wearing her party shoes from Ethiopia even...


And, these are the four pictures I received and stared at and stared at until I saw her in person 3.5 months later...




6 comments:

neely said...

can't believe how quickly time as gone by. You and Maeve make one beautiful family!

Audrey and Brian said...

Congrats!!!! Silas arrived at H.H. 1 year ago today.

I had never seen her referral pictures. She is soooo cute! Brian loves her dimple!

karen gerstenberger said...

Happy Referralversary! I think of the two of you truly as a match made in heaven.

JonesEthiopia said...

Congrats on one year... What a beautiful tiny little baby she was!

Eastiopians said...

Oh, I love it! She is a doll! You are awesome. Congrats to you both! Happy Referralversary.

Anonymous said...

I will never forget that day!

Glad to catch up today.

Much love,
CT