Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Life Well Lived...

This past Tuesday we celebrated Cecilia's life... and it was a beautiful and moving service.


Cathy Jo and I loaded Maeve and Beckett into the swagger wagon and fled camp for the day to attend the service. It ended up being quite the roadtrip. We picked up Kristen and Shannon along the way and somehow managed to make the service on time. (There might have been some flashing of skin on my part as I realized we were short on time and I needed to change into my clothes en route... So sorry to the Pathfinder in front of us!) It was a long day, but one I would not have missed for the world. Cecilia was my Godmom and a person that helped shape who I am today -- she was very present in my world as I was growing up. She lived her life in a way that was inspiring... I had the honor of sitting with her family and reading at her service. She is so missed and so loved by all...

Maeve was a trooper and endured the 13.5 hour day -- 9 of which were spent in her carseat...


On the trip home there were moments when I turned to Cathy Jo and asked her how our lives had turned out like this... Two screaming children, me singing my 99th version of "Old McDonald had a Farm", and she was driving us in her mini van! (and you can tell how Maeve is appreciating my efforts here too... ha)

No comments: