Sunday, August 8, 2010

Camp Side by Side 2010...

Camp Side by Side. Super fun. It was also full of Super Hero's too -- this year's theme. I had a great time volunteering again as a nurse, but it proved to be much different with Maeve tagging along to help too. Fun definitely, relaxing... perhaps not. But, no complaints here... Let's just say that Maeve LOVED camp. It was right up her alley -- lots of people to socialize with, lots of singing and dancing, there was a pool, plenty of people for her to give cuddles too... did I mention that she LOVED it? By the time we came home she was slightly manic due to being over tired and over stimulated... but, I'm thinking she'll recover eventually and forgive me for the boring life we apparently have returned back to...

The week lived up to expectations and I look forward to returning again next summer. I love watching families, who have been forever altered because of pediatric cancer, be somewhat free and thoroughly enjoy themselves over the course of the week. It is a gift to see kids that I've seen endure more than they ever should, run around with their buddies and be "regular" kids. Probably more enjoyable though, is watching the parents relax and have fun. I can't really show the campers on my blog... so, it is mostly Maeve and our volunteer friends. I made Misha give me some photos she'd taken of Maeve during the week... and Bryce is going to drop off his DVD of Maeve photos to me next week. Maeve was highlighted in both their professional blogs -- check them out: Misha's blog and Bryce's blog


I need to get a different picture because this one doesn't have Sue in it -- our 4th medical team member... Sorry Sue!


Maeve gave out countless snuggles during the week. Keith is the lucky recipient here... She really does have an affinity to men. I'm so thankful that I'm surrounded by great male role models for Maeve...


This picture makes me howl... I was busy patching up one of our campers that slipped and slid a little too hard, so David grabbed Maeve for me. Her expression is priceless. "Okay, I'll drink my bottle but I'm not gonna like it!"


Super Hero Fishers! Pax was convinced he was going to be a real super hero by the end of the week...


Social Butter fly...


I love camp!


Oh look, how did I get to be the center of attention... oh darn...


Ha Ha Ha... life is good!


Daphne showing off her face painting on carnival day...

No comments: