Monday, July 19, 2010

I Survived...

... and also had a great time. Its funny how you can sort of dread something, but in the end, there was nothing to really fret about. So, I can check STP 2010 off my list. Amy, Amber, Kolleen, and I hooked up with Andrew and Don and we all embarked on our journey south (along with 10,000 other riders). We biked 140 miles on Saturday and the remaining 64 miles on Sunday. I felt great on Saturday... On Sunday, I felt only 'good'. Ha. Good thing I have great friends that slowed their pace slightly (it makes me feel better if I say 'slightly') for my tired old legs and pulled me along into Portland. We were in the beer garden by 12:30pm, where we enjoyed some ales and I had a celebratory hotdog :-)

Maeve? She was being spoiled rotten by the Wilsons, once again. She went swimming a couple of times, watched some sporting events, went out for breakfast... and was thoroughly loved on. I heart technology because Annie was able to text me photos and videos of 'Maeve happenings' throughout the weekend.

Here she is cheering me on... although, I'm not sure she knows it...


The first rest stop... all the free food is the reason we do the STP


The end of day one. 140 miles behind us. Time for serious chillin'


We pitched our tent in Castle Rock...


And we were happy campers...


Perfect biking weather -- cool in the morning, and sunny in the afternoon...


Shortly after this photo was taken, we were all picked up and spoiled by 'Side by Side' friends who had in-laws that lived in Longview. We showered, ate a fantastic homemade dinner, and laundered our biking clothes...



Ready to conquer day two...


We made it to Portland!


Beer Garden cheers...

So, here I sit today fairly stiff and sore in areas I wished weren't sore... ha. I'm glad I did it and managed to raise a decent amount of money for Camp Side by Side also. Now... I guess I better start running to prep for Leavenworth at some point. I think I'll wait a few days though...

2 comments:

Amber and Chris said...

I kinda hate you for posting that photo of me by the tent!

karen gerstenberger said...

I am so impressed! Good work to all of you! It looks as if Maeve had as much fun as you did.