Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I Hate to Say Goodbye...

Cecilia is no longer suffering from cancer and passed away this afternoon. Although we all knew it was coming, it is so incredibly sad. I can't believe someone who was so full of life is no longer here. The world has lost an amazing person. A person that exemplified love and giving. She was so generous and was always laughing and smiling. You just wanted to be in her presence because she just made you feel so good.

I was lucky. I knew this incredible person my whole life. She was my Godmother... she truly served as my second mother. During my childhood I was at their house all the time with Ann being my best friend and we only had 3 houses separating us.

I am incredibly sad. And, I am so heartbroken for her amazing family, and how they have to carry on with life without her alongside.

I stole the first three pictures from her caringbridge site.

Cecilia, you were a huge light in many people's world. You will be missed. I am so thankful that you are no longer suffering, so that is the one positive.

Cecilia... always active and enjoying the outdoors.


Her amazing family (minus Zane)...


Phil and Cecilia... two peas and a pod.


I dug through the archives to find some old photos... this is an example of how involved Cecilia was in my life. (sorry about the naked baby picture, Ann...)


Our families took many camping trips together...

2 comments:

Shannon- said...

So sorry.

karen gerstenberger said...

She looks like a beautiful woman, and I am so thankful that you had her in your life as your 2nd mother. I am deeply sorry for your (and her family and friends') loss. May all of you be comforted in the days ahead.