Friday, July 30, 2010

And then 37 hit...


Happy Birthday to me.... Yep. Its my birthday. I will relish in the fact that, for at least one more year, I can claim mid-30 status. Despite being so young :-) why does it hurt when I try and get up off the floor? One of life's little mysteries...

What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time I was a little anxious... okay, maybe moderately-highly anxious. On my birthday I had been hanging out at the coveted #1 spot on the waiting list for 28 days. Unbeknownst to me, I would remain hanging there for another 12 days before I would see Maeve's photo for the very first time. My days were somewhat consumed by thinking about my future daughter and preparing our home for her arrival. I would just think... so much energy went into wondering what the future would hold. It was a good summer... but, one that involved a lot of analyzing on my part.

Now, one year later, I am totally free of such grips. I am loving my new role in life and couldn't be more happy. I can't stop watching and loving on Maeve -- I am somewhat of an addict. So, at the risk of sounding cheesy, yet a true statement, the best gift I have been given, to date, is the chance to be Maeve's mom.


It was a great day.... it started with a pancake breakfast at Amber's. Yum. But, double yum came when Amy walked in the door with Top Pot donuts to start the Birthday off right. This afternoon several friends joined Maeve and I at the park for a picnic and hangout fest... The sun was shining, I had a hot dog for dinner, and my daughter and good friends were present. I received phone calls, text messages, photos, skypes, and emails throughout the day.... I love my community of friends and family. You really can't beat that... Thanks everyone for making my day great.


Jenn and Maeve hanging out...

Our picnic location -- right beside the playground. Perfect.

Picnic time. Bennett temporarily contained...

Kristen and David...

Mel and Maeve...

1 comment:

karen gerstenberger said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad that you were born, and that you came into our lives. You are a great blessing to us and to so many others - especially Maeve! May this be the beginning of a wonderful year.