Sunday, June 6, 2010

Disbelief...

On Saturday, Maeve and I took a quick trip up north to visit Cecilia -- Ann's mom, my God mom, and just an amazing woman. Just over a year ago Cecilia was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. After a major resection, radiation, and chemotherapy, Cecelia was cancer free. But, unfortunately that didn't remain the case for long. I know that cancer doesn't care who it affects, but for some people it just seems so unfathomable. How can it take hold of this person who is so full of life and energy... someone that loves her family and friends so completely... someone that just gives so much to this world... and someone that was the poster child for being active and healthy? It doesn't seem real or true. I grew up with Cecilia just four houses away -- she is definitely a second mom to me. It breaks my heart to see her so ill, and it breaks my heart to see her family so sad because she is so ill. I am so sad too. I want her to know that Maeve and I love her and her family very much.

1 comment:

karen gerstenberger said...

No matter how much I know about cancer, or how closely I've lived with it, it still is shocking and horrible, every time I meet it. I'm so very sorry that your dear Godmother and her family (and you) have to deal with this. I pray for comfort for all of you.