Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Our Village...

Maeve is under the weather again... despite its valiant effort to keep bugs at bay, daycare, in of itself, is a bit of a petri dish -- Maeve always seems to have a residual cold. It is what it is and she's building her immune system -- let's just see the positives here.

This morning, Maeve was a bit more snotty gross than normal (you know what i mean...), which meant no admittance to daycare for her. What do you do when its technically too late to call in sick? You call one of many friends that you know will take Maeve in a pinch so that you can show up at work until the on-call person arrives. This morning I handed off Maeve to Annie, and she handed me a Starbuck's latte. Ummm.. pretty dreamy.

I have to say... when I call for help, people always rally. I feel so blessed that I have so many friends that are willing to help me with Maeve, and purposefully love and support her. It really is humbling and I couldn't be more thankful.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I'm so glad that you've got such a great support system! Definitely makes being a single mom much easier :) About her residual cold, Will had one for about 3 1/2 years, sorry to tell you :( But now that he's over it, he very rarely gets sick! Hope all is well. Miss you!