Saturday, May 22, 2010

6 months...

A friend recently asked me if I felt like Maeve and I have been together for 6 months. It does, and it feels like we've been a pair for longer, actually. When I think back to November when I finally held Maeve for the first time, I am reminded of the basal anxiousness I felt during our first few months together; I wondered if Maeve felt like our transition was going as well as I thought and hoped it was. We have come a long way -- and I am so thankful that Maeve did very very well in the scheme of transition and bonding issues. She was so scared at the beginning and the photos I have of her reflect that in her eyes. Now her eyes shine. I still adhere to bonding and attaching philosophies, but now we mostly deal in normal 12 month old stuff, which is a ton of fun. She lights up my world.

So, onto birthday week. What did day two hold for us? There was a playdate this morning with Anna and Peter (thank you Steph) while I huffed and puffed on my bike for a few hours (the STP is gonna hurt this year... but, that's another post), there was some swinging (of course), and there was a visit with our zoo animal friends.


One happy camper...


Here we are checking out the Hippo's. This is what Maeve wore to the zoo...


And, this is what Maeve wore home from the zoo. Someone got so excited about seeing her animal friends that she peed her pants. Oh well, it happens to the best of us. A diaper and pumas are all you need to make a statement anyway.


Maeve and I both appreciate the latest Vanity Fair issue...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make us LOL!