Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sniff.. Sniff... The Weekend is Over...

What a great weekend. It was packed full of all things a weekend should be -- laziness, leisure, recreation, decadence, pampering, and a whole lot of fun with friends. I am not ready to enter the real world again tomorrow... I kind of like the weekend world.

Saturday night Maeve and I had dinner at Amy's -- Bennett and Maeve ended their evening by splashing around in the tub together...


Amy, Kolleen, and I participated in the Daffodil Classic this morning. I decided to go cold turkey and dust off the roadbike for the 40 mile ride. It was so beautiful and sunny today -- I'll have to remember that when I complain about being old and stiff tomorrow...


This afternoon Maeve and I went to a local potluck for families that have, or are, in the process of adopting kids from Ethiopia... It is really great to participate in this community of families and begin getting to know more people.


Sweet Maeve enjoying the party. I did discover that potlucks or buffets may not be the place I should take this 'healthy eater'... she was extremely frustrated that she wasn't able to eat all the food that was offered on the tables. Clearly, I never feed the poor girl...


And, to wrap it all up -- it is officially BBQ season!! I love BBQ season! Amy and Brent hosted the first cookout tonight...




3 comments:

Eastiopians said...

What a fun weekend! And your rode 40 miles on your bike without preparing?!...damn it. Why are people like that? I would be dead. I'm glad you are not though, b/c you had a lot of great things to do this weekend! :) And Maeve seriously gets cuter and cuter and cuter.

Orange Girl said...

Jealous that you were able to make it to the potluck (we were already booked).
We'll have to get together again soon. Whenever Isa sees a Sofie the giraffe, she asks if it belongs to baby Maeve. :)

Melia said...

Shauna-
I haven't commented in a while but I love reading your blog. I do believe we could be friends in real life although if I had done a 40 mile bike ride this past weekend the words laziness and pampering would not have been in the description of my weekend. You rock. Oh, and Maeve is adorable.