Friday, April 9, 2010

Sassy Pants...

Maeve's personality is taking off. She is funny. She is social. She is expressive. She is determined (sometimes). And, she is sassy. I love the combination. She has also discovered that she is able to have an opinion about things. What?! No... My 'go-with-the-flow', 'take anything that comes my way' child is questioning my agenda at times. How could she not know that its all about me? Ha. No really.

I think I witnessed her first temper tantrum yesterday... or at least one maneuver anyway. Not my fault that she choose to wake up at 4:30am... therefore, clearly not my fault that she was cranky because she was still tired (we are not morning people). When I placed her on the floor with some toys at 5:15am so that I could shower and get ready for work, she definitely threw her arms and head down and said a few choice words at me in baby talk, I'm pretty sure. Sorry honey bunny!




As challenging as some of the developmental stages she will enter throughout her childhood will likely be, I totally love that she's engaged in this thing called life. She is becoming her own person, with her own thoughts, and feelings. She is such a sweet sweet little girl and I love that we make each other laugh all the time.

1 comment:

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

You two are SOOO meant for each other:) God didn't want either one of you to be alone....how wonderful!!

Karen