Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter...

Another first holiday for Maeve, and she likes holidays. We are out in Winnipeg enjoying the long weekend thanks to Todd, Stacy, Taryn, and Kate, who needed a Maeve fix and flew us out for a visit. How sweet and generous are they?! And, how fun. Maeve did great on the plane and we are totally enjoying the Spring weather Winnipeg is currently experiencing.

I was slightly concerned that Auntie Stacy would try and steal Maeve at some point during this trip, but she has behaved herself fairly well... mostly. I mean, there was a slight slip of the tongue when Maeve was asked who made her such a great breakfast and she answered for Maeve -- "Mama, I mean, Auntie Stacy." I'm sure she meant nothing by that, right?

It has been totally fun and relaxing. We have been hanging out a lot and Maeve is having a fantastic time playing with her Aunt, Uncle and cousins. We had a full-on turkey dinner to celebrate Easter. I am of the opinion -- the more turkey dinners you can fit into a year, the better. And I think Maeve has jumped on that bandwagon as she feasted alongside the rest of us. I have been a bit lax on photo taking due to the sheer laziness factor... but here are a few snapshots of our weekend thus far:

Lazy mornings accompanied by bedheads... well, for two out of three anyway...

The Easter Bunny paid a visit leaving eggs all over the place...


The girls and their loot from the famous bunny. (And, Kate... I kept my word. I am not posting the picture I took, but you didn't say anything about me not posting the picture your Dad took. I mean, you didn't right?...)


Maeve sitting on her new puzzle. Its harder this way, but not impossible...


Part of that lounging thing I was talking about...

Maeve getting her stomach ready for some Easter feasting... Bring it...

3 comments:

karen gerstenberger said...

It looks like a perfect way to spend the Easter holiday! I love the bed-head photo, and the one of the two of you relaxing. Turkey dinner will do that to you!
Maeve sounds like a wonderful travel partner.

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

LOVE the pictures!! How nice to be able to fly somewhere and be treated like that..sweet:) Thanks for sharing the post.

Karen

Adopting1Soon said...

I love that pic of the two of you lounging. You both look fabulous and so happy ;-)