Friday, March 5, 2010

Beach Day

Today was one of those satisfying type of days. Our lazy morning was followed up with a visit from Nanny Annie. Annie plans on watching Maeve two or three hours every week so that she can be tight with the sweet girl, and also give me a chance to run around doing whatever I need or want, by myself. How sweet, right? So, I took this opportunity to run around the lake and then accomplish some errands. While I was gone, Annie and Maeve played for a bit and then it was nap time. I came home, Maeve woke up, and then we headed out to enjoy this beautiful day.

I live only a few miles from the beach, so I thought it was the perfect afternoon to hang out there. We pulled out the blanket and watched the haps for awhile -- there were kite surfers, scuba divers, sailboats out, bikers, runners, and many other people lounging on their blankets too. I'm sure the beach has many a fire pit in use right now. BBQ season is quickly approaching, if not already here.

Maeve decided to read her book at the beach...


Taking in the view...


Touching sand for the very first time...


What is this stuff??


It doesn't taste so great... but, I'll eat several handfuls just to make sure...

I'm sure that'll be coming back to me! ha.

2 comments:

Mama Papaya said...

Beautiful pictures of your beautiful girl on a beautiful day. The sand eating makes it all the more lovely for me since I have one of those too. I'll let you guess which one it is. ;)

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

I'm sooo jealous. I would love to live that close to a beach. I'm from WI and I'm just happy we are in the 40's this weekend. Your daughter as always is such a doll. Thanks for sharing the pics:)

Karen
www.hernkekid.blogspot.com
Will have a referral in a week or so...YAY!!!