Friday, March 12, 2010

110 Days...

I have had Maeve in my arms for 110 days. Why is that number significant? Maeve spent 109 days at Hannah's Hope and 73 days with her birth mom. I don't really know why I'm adding up days... but, it seems significant. I am her mom, and now I have cared for and loved on her longer than anyone else. She is, without a doubt, mine... and I am hers. We are secure in each other. We have come a long way these past 110 days, and I think I can truthfully say we are completely attached. My world is forever tilted and I love my new role in life.

4 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

That is awesome! Congratulations. I know how happy I was when I met that mark with R, and I really can't wait for it to come with E, too. :)

Anonymous said...

You are the best mom and she is the luckiest little girl!

emily v. said...

you just made me cry! what an awesome feeling to know that you truly are hers and she is yours! And the picture is PRECIOUS!

Eastiopians said...

Congratulations Shauna! That is a HUGE milestone. I too am waiting to cross over those thresholds. Macy was at HH for 4 months (I need to count the days) and I have almost had her for that long. She was with her birth mother for 17 and a half months prior to HH...that one will take more time. I'm sure her birth mother holds a big part of her heart.