Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We Won Gold!

History. I was there when history was made. Men's Mogul's at Cypress Mountain on Sunday night -- Canada won its first Gold Medal on Canadian soil. This is what realizing such a feat looks like...


And, this is what the front part of the day looked like...



On the bus en route to Cypress Mountain. Andie and I ready to cheer...


Flag - Check. Ticket - Check.


Walking to the entrance... It was really strenuous with all the snow...


Our cheering squad... (Andie, Peter, myself, and Fraser)...


Prime location at the base of the run...


Gooo Canada!


Gearing up for the Finals...


More Cheer Practice...


We won!! We won!!


What was Maeve doing, you might ask. Getting spoiled and enjoying the beautiful day in Vancouver with Grandma and Grandpa. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!


So, it turns out that I had tickets to two gold medal and one silver medal events... I, unfortunately, did not get to witness the Men's and Women's Snowboarding Cross events, as the cheap seats were canceled... aka, my seats. Not enough snow for standing room... Sad. But, I was significantly warmer staying home and watching the events at Dad and Lynn's... I think I'm getting old!

1 comment:

JonesEthiopia said...

Wow, how exciting to watch them in person!