Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Split the Difference...

I will post today about yesterday and tomorrow. Yesterday marked 3 months since Maeve was placed in my arms. And, tomorrow, Maeve will be 9 months old.

Wow. It really is quite amazing, to me, that I have only had Maeve, in my arms, for 3 months -- plus a day. I have read it and heard other people say this before, but I really can't imagine life without her. Maeve has stolen my heart. It is one thing to know this would happen, but to experience it, is an entirely different phenomenon. My love for Maeve is beyond what I've ever felt before -- and it keeps growing, daily. I have always loved my little girl -- I would stare at her pictures for hours before I actually was able to meet her. When I did, finally get her in my arms, I would cuddle and play with her for hours... I was also studying her, trying to figure out who this little person was. Well, over the last 3 months I have gotten to the place where I don't just love her -- I LOVE her. There is no doubt that I would do anything for her. Maeve has the sweetest little personality and I absolutely adore her.

So, what are Maeve's new tricks?
  1. She waves 'hello' and 'goodbye' to people....
  2. She shakes her head 'no'... although, she thinks its a game still. My time is coming though...
  3. She just mastered the finger-pinch/shove food into her mouth...
  4. She 'talks' all the time -- she likes to tease me and chatters "Da Da"... and when I correct her with "Ma Ma", she literally just laughs at me and says "Da Da" again. Cheeky little thing. She knows....
  5. Can initiate "peek-a-boo" by herself
  6. Entered "stranger-danger" phase...
  7. And probably some other things I can't think of right now
Maeve is such a good baby. She still loves "all things food" and increasingly likes to help "work the spoon" during mealtimes. I still haven't found anything that she doesn't like and she is working hard on growing that belly. She just has more to love now.... Maeve is still trying to sort out our new life that includes me working and her at daycare 3 days a week, but I'm confident she'll feel totally comfortable soon. She continues to be a really good sleeper -- only up once a night to suck down a bottle and then right back to sleep. I think the day is coming soon, Maeve, when we're going to start working on that... watch out!


Maeve is so happy and proud that she can actually get food into her mouth now...


Such a neat eater... hence the lack of clothes..


This is who I stalk at night while she's sleeping... little does she know.


4 comments:

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

She is so gorgeous! Congrats on those milestones!

Stacey said...

She is so adorable! I love reading your blog. I enjoyed your adventures at the Olympics too. What fun!

Karen & Brad Hernke said...

Love following your post. She is a cutie pie. You two are sooo meant for each other!!! You a wonderful mommy....keep up the awesome work.

Karen
Adopting 2 kiddos from ET.
Referral is coming VERY SOON..my agency says...YAY

Eastiopians said...

So much to celebrate! She has really grown and she is able to do so much now....go mama! Macy also calls me Dada when she KNOWS I am Mama...that girl. And when she really wants me, she calls me Nahn. Hahaha. Whatev..she knows how to get my attention.

Maeve is a dreamboat. Truly.