Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back in Vancouver...

Maeve and I took one last quick trip to Vancouver to conclude our Olympic experience.... We are lucky to have so many family up north, so this time we landed at Jodie, Dirk, Larissa, and Erika's for a couple of nights... Maeve was able to show everyone her new tricks, as Jodie and Sharon hadn't seen her since she had come home from Ethiopia. Such a big girl now...


Jodie and Maeve chatting it up...


"Umm.. hey guys... I don't know if you are aware, but its really nice outside..."


I took in one more event -- the Women's semi-final Hockey game between Canada and Finland. Super fun to be on home ice... Maeve stayed behind with Jodie and Sharon et al. for the evening and had a great time...


Ann was my cheering buddy. It would've been hard to find anything but red and white in the crowd...


Guess what country I am cheering for?
Ann and I checked out the cauldron, in person.


Robson Square Light show -- with pyrotechnics, lasers, fireworks, music, and skiing/snowboarding/hockey zipliners....

The atmosphere in Vancouver is even more electric than when I was in town last week. The crowd is jovial, patriotic, and super energetic. And, the weather has been spectacular. It is one, big, fun party. Way to go Vancouver....

No comments: