Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti

My friend, Brooke, is in Port au Prince, Haiti. I haven't seen or heard any direct communication from her via her blog or facebook account, but word is that she is okay and her immediate community of friends/kids are okay as well, and only suffering minor injuries. Brooke has a passion for Haiti and just returned to live there indefinitely this winter to work with Child Hope again -- she is an RN for a children's home (and she LOVES LOVES those children... ) and also an RN for her local community. Appparently, they have set-up a make-shift medical clinic at the children's home to help those in need of some medical attention. I wonder how many supplies they have though... I'm so scared for Brooke, but I'm also so thankful that she is there, okay, and able to help. It makes me sick to know how devastating the earthquake has been and will continue to be for days, months, and years to come. Can't stop thinking about you Brooke.... And, of course, all the people and the country that you love.

Update: Brooke wrote on her facebook acct officially assuring us that she is okay. I am so relieved. It still doesn't change the fact that I'm still so saddened for the people of Haiti.

2 comments:

wet wipes said...

I found your blog on Google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future.

karen gerstenberger said...

I was so thankful to see this! God bless sweet Brooke and all she does to bring relief and love to the people of Haiti. God bless all of the Haitian people!