Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti Update

A lot of you know Brooke. And, even if you don't, I thought you'd be interested to see the Child Hope website regarding the Haiti earthquake. They have posted photos and updates of their home there. Also, if you're interested in donating to Child Hope, it also has a link to enable you to so.

Also, Suzanne, a fellow RN, is organizing donations to get down to Haiti, to Brooke's mission specifically. So, if you live locally (Seattle area) and would like to participate, please let me know and I'll get you in touch with her.

This message is from Suzanne:
Ok folks,, as some of you know I have a dear friend Brooke who is living in Haiti doing mission work.. I need you all to use your resources and rally to find medical supplies,, food,, clothing,, blankets.. diapers etc.. soap...toothpaste.. etc.. if you had nothing what would you need..find out from your hospitals if they will donate.. you get the stuff and I'll figure out how to get it there.. contact me,, I trust you all to be messengers here... I have faith in you.. ups is shipping anything under 5o lbs for free.. but I want it to go to brooke's orphanages.. thanks in advance..also american airlines will fly nurses and docs for free.. who has a passport? Please spread the word.. and have them contact me. Much love"

2 comments:

tricia said...

Hi Shauna,
You probably don't remember me, but I worked nights on the SCCA unit for around 9 months in '06 and '07. I found your blog through Christina Jones' and first of all congratulations on your little girl Maeve!! What an amazing and inspirational story! She is beautiful.
Also, Brooke was my preceptor at children's and I knew she was in haiti so thanks for posting about donating! I would love to donate supplies to send down there, if you can put me in touch with Suzanne that would be great!
Thanks!!
Tricia (Arpin) Fanning
thefannings3@gmail.com

Holly said...

Hi Shauna,

It's Holly from Side-by-Side... I stalk your blog, yessirree. :)

I'd love to participate in helping get supplies to Child Hope, let me know how to do that. Also, did you know that Ashley Hapak, a nurse who volunteered several times at Camp SBS (buddy to P. Brown), is also working at the same orphanage? She's a good friend of mine, so I was delighted to see that she has a good running mate in Brooke.

Let me know what I can do!

Holly Harris Wood
holizhar@gmail.com