Sunday, January 17, 2010

Apology Accepted...

Who's officially a rock star?? Maeve slept non-stop from 8:15pm to 7:45am this morning... Yay for Maeve! Yay for me!




Classically, I woke up at 5am and then wondered if she was alive... I wasn't stupid enough to loudly creak into her room (she has some obnoxiously loud floorboards entering her room), but I did grab the monitor and turn it way up to make sure she was breathing. She was. Monitor turned back down. Me, back to sleep on and off until she woke up... it felt so amazing to sleep a long stretch once again.

Now, I'm not ignorant enough to think she'll do this from here on out... I'm sure it was a fluke. But, now she can't use the excuse that she's not capable of this big girl feat....

Yay Maeve!! (maybe some positive reinforcement will work on her psyche?! worth the effort, I say)

3 comments:

Orange Girl said...

Yes, the first couple full-night sleeps will have you in a panic. Is she still sleeping or is she dead? Do I go in and check on her? Do I want to risk waking her? But, don't worry- your body will readjust and soon you'll be sleeping the whole night as well!

Eastiopians said...

Yay Maeve! This could be the turning point and sleep may be a part of your reality. Or not. heh heh. Keep us posted! I truly do hope this will last for you...sounds amazing! I don't know a lot from experience, but it reads nicely on bloggy paper.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like swimming to tire a little one out. Back to the pool, Maeve!

deb