Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ode to Stacy...



If I had the ability to write a haiku, rhyming couplet, sonnet, or even an alliteration, I would. But, alas... poetry alludes me. So, instead, this is what you get.

Stacy -- my sister-in-law, friend, organizational guru, and complete workhorse. Thank you. You took 3 weeks out of your life and gave it to me (and Maeve). For that, I am extremely grateful. And, thank you Todd, Taryn, and Kate for letting me steal her... I need Stacy to come quarterly though... seriously. Her organizational skills and drive are impressive. You can see the results in my garage, kitchen, bedroom, Maeve's room, and bathrooms....

And, in Ethiopia... she did it. She captured the two key moments on video. Phew... well done! Therefore Jodie still holds the reigning family screw up story (ha...) Thank you, Stacy, for sharing this unbelievable trip with me. It was amazing and I'm so thankful you were there to experience it with me. I'm so glad that you were able to explore Addis Ababa a bit and love on all the other kids at Hannah's Hope. I almost think we'll be traveling again to Hannah's Hope to pick up some of Maeve's new cousins?!

Thank you for everything Stacy... Maeve and I can't wait to jump on another airplane to come visit in two and a half weeks... Maeve needs to see her Auntie... she has been asking for you since you had to leave us :-)

Now... I'm being spoiled by my mom who is here. Life is good.


3 comments:

Eastiopians said...

Here Here! It was so nice to meet you and hang out with you Stacy!

The McBrides said...

Speak the Truth... Stacy was and IS amazing! glad to have had the opportunity to meet her... how she needs to start her paperwork...haha

Erin said...

We all need a sister in law like that!
Love that last photo- reminds me so much of HH with all the kiddos pulling their little friends out of your arms to kiss on them!