Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ethiopian Art

Check out the painting I purchased in Addis Ababa, which is now proudly hanging in my home:


And, speaking of art. Maeve had her first outing in the Bob today. We had ventured out this week a few times but she was always snug in the Ergo... I wanted to see how she'd do rolling through the streets. So, we decided to make our outing to the Soulumination fundraising Art Sale. (Seriously, if you live in the Seattle area -- go check it out and support this amazing cause). She got to meet her new friends Deb, Lynette, and Sarah there too... who gushed all over her. Its good to be Maeve.




Maeve was a really happy camper on our outing. I think she's still trying to figure out where her Ethiopian warmth disappeared to however... and, she's in for a rude awakening when we hit Winnipeg in a couple of weeks. Sorry sweet pea....

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Looks like you guys had fun all bundled up! She is absolutely beautiful Shauna, I can't wait to meet her :)

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up at her little eyes peeking out from all that bundling! HAHAHAHAHHAAHAA! So cute.

Loved being with you this morning...xoxo

Karla said...

The painting is beautiful! You two are SO cute! I'm glad to see she was bundled up so warm...I'm a strong believer in hats for little ones. :)

M.K.A.W. said...

She looks toasty and I love that painting!

Eastiopians said...

Love your painting! Maeve is so cute snuggled in her stroller...but she does look a little ticked off at the cold weather. :)

Theresa

Adopting1Soon said...

WOWEE KAZOWEE I LOOOOOVE that painting!!!!!!!!!!!! How on earth did you get it back here safely?


Man, I WISH I'd seen that! I would have scooped it up before you!!!!


Hey, does the artist have a website or is that total wishful thinking/