Thursday, December 31, 2009

Brrr....

How courageous are we? We totally braved the elements and managed to yank ourselves away from our self-assigned spots in front of the fireplace and headed out to see some of Winnipeg this morning. Maeve and I had a great breakfast out with Todd, Taryn and Kate and then we all wandered around The Forks for a while... in minus twenty-something weather. I suppose "a while" could be a loose interpretation... but, we were out nevertheless... At least this time I remembered my gloves and toque...

Out on the river...


Maeve making snow angels... or doing her own Randy impersonation...


Standing on The Forks


Maeve, exhausted from her outing...


I could eat her up she's so cute and sweet...


Many many times throughout this trip, as I have buckled Maeve up in the car with the cold and wind whipping by us, I have told her that we will never move here -- not because its not a nice city, but because of the sheer fact that we are self-proclaimed whimps (Yes, I'm going to go ahead and say that Maeve is a whimp too... it makes the story stronger). Who would want to be so cold all the time? But, now we have another concrete reason why we can never live here... Maeve's hair just can't handle being in toques/hats... Check out her hair. I styled it before we left the house this morning... and now it looks like she stuck her fingers in a light socket...

3 comments:

Orange Girl said...

Yep, big beautiful Ethiopian curls make hats pretty much impossible. And it gets trickier- soon Maeve will have so much hair that you have trouble finding a hat that fits over it! I just tell myself that Isa has enough hair to keep her head warm without the hat. :)

karen gerstenberger said...

She canNOT be any cuter. Those dimples; that hair! So glad that you are both basking in the love of family, and staying warm (most ofthe time)! Happy New Year!

Erin said...

I'm with you, the wool hats are really doing a number on Ashi's style too :)