Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Welcome for Maeve...

Only a quick post today... more about the magnitude of the trip later. But, I wanted to put up some photos of Maeve's welcome... I love that I get to share my little one with so many great friends and, of course, my family...

The trip back seemed really long... partly because it started at midnight out of Addis Ababa and then travel time was 25 hours, I think. Anyway. Maeve is a rockstar traveler... but discovered that walking the aisles was more fun than just staring at the wall in front of us :-)


Introducing Maeve to her fan club awaiting her arrival...



Walking through the door to her new home for the first time...



Showing Maeve her room for the first time (and yes, my very close, teacher friend made her the celebration banner... ha. I love it)


Checking out some of her books


And, jet lag set in. Oh no. Panic. Get the child in the bathtub... wake her up. Its only 3pm... Yeah. She slept through the whole bathing experience. It seemed like a good idea...


I think we're conquering the jet lag though... Maeve went to bed at 7pm and woke up at 6:30am after a couple of wake ups... but it was mostly sleep. Yay.

Maeve experiencing the jumperoo for the first time. She's a big fan. You should hear her giggle... Its pretty awesome. But, that's because she's pretty awesome.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shauna!!!! She is too cute and I can't get enough of the smile on your face. Sorry we won't be there today - probably a good thing as I am fighting a bug. But we are loving her from afar. We can't wait to meet her.
Kath, Chris & Wes
xoxox

gayle said...

Shauna -
How exciting for you and all of your friends and family! Maeve is absolutely gorgeous. I am amazed at how bright and big her eyes are! Welcome Home, Mommie & Maeve! We have to figure out when these state of Indiana Hoosiers (not to be confused with Indiana University Hoosiers)are going to get to meet her!
Love,
Great Aunt Gayle

Laura said...

She is beautiful Shauna! It is such fun to see your family together at last. Congratulations.

Rosanne and Brian Carter said...

SOOO precious!! I've been checking your blog on the hour every hour for updates...Maeve is melt-your-heart adorable! Can't wait to meet her on Skype soon. Hugs.

Adopting1Soon said...

Oh my gosh! She looks a lot like Charlie in certain pics! Ok, so Maeve is pronounced.... how? Rhymes with PAVE?

Congrats on getting home! Boy do you have "the glow" about you. Awesome :-) I'm so glad you made it there and back and are hoe safe and sound.

Shannon- said...

She is wonderful! You are wonderful! Congratulations and welcome home!!!!

DeeAnn said...

Welcome home! I was surprised to see my blog on your list of single adopters. It was great to find your blog, too! DeeAnn

Erin said...

Welcome home girls! Thank you for showing us so many great photos already!!

habeshachild said...

welcome home to the lovely Maeve!! congratulations to you both.

Aubrey said...

I love the sweet picture of sleeping Maeve! She is beautiful!

Erin said...

Just had to come back to see that adorable girl again. Oh my word she is beautiful!!

auntie cj said...

so glad to hear all is going well! horray! can't wait to have some more snuggle time.

The Hoke Family said...

Oh Shauna, she is so precious! I cried. I love reading your blog...I feel like I'm right there with you!

Welcome to the family, Maeve! :)

Love,
Jenni

Petra said...

Beautiful Shauna!! Thanks for sharing! I am just in awe of you and her. It's very inspiring to see such a lovely family! She has such a wonderful new life!
Cheers, Petra

karen gerstenberger said...

Look at those huge, happy eyes! I love that last photo so much. Super happy for both of you!

Janey said...

Thank you Jesus, for this little family you've just made...
Janey