Monday, November 16, 2009

Getting There...

How great is this?! Stacy, her sister, Jodie, and mom, Sharon, all arrived at my doorstep yesterday and went to town. Many lists have been created and many things have already been crossed off the list. It is quite amazing to me how much there is to get ready for such an epic trip and baby.

The major accomplishment of the day was getting Maeve's room totally, and completely organized. I have so many generous friends that I had an abundance of clothes... If I buy her anything between now and 12 months, shoot me. I used to keep walking into Maeve's room, and then walk right out again because I was overwhelmed! So... now we're onto other items on the list.


Next. Organizing the donations and sweet talking the nice people at the airlines. I still don't know if we're allowed extra baggage, but I did manage to get through to people that know people. We'll see. My email is, at this point, unanswered, but I remain hopeful. I literally have a roomful of donations that I'm not quite sure how we're going to get there... but, we'll do it.

Stacy... making lists.



One thing that I love is my brother. I love that he is home with my two nieces while my sister-in-law is here with me. Stacy has come a week early, is going to Ethiopia with me, and staying a few days afterwards to help me settle. I mostly love that the grandparents that were going to head out to help him for a portion of the 3 weeks have been rescinded. He decided that if I can raise a child by myself, he could certainly manage things for 3 weeks on his own.


8 comments:

The McBrides said...

what awesome family and friends you have!!!

missy said...

you have a great support system...what a blessing!

Eastiopians said...

Did you talk to NW/KLM about the donations? It's on my to-do list but I all my other to-do lists combined are starting to freak me out. So I would love to know what they said to you! I have the "humanitarian aide" letter from AGCI to present to the airline at the airport...do you have one?

Anonymous said...

What an awesome group of ladies helping out!!! I'm so excited for you...us. It is finally here!

Audrey

The B Family said...

So excited for you!
I know you'll be super busy getting to know your precious Maeve but if you happen to get a minute to peek at our baby "K" I would be so grateful. We would just eat up any more information we can get about her. She's about 7 months old now and hopefully will have a lavender lovie blankie and a photo album with our pictures in her crib. I would be happy to email you a picture or her Ethiopian name if it will help you spot her. I would be so appreciative of any little tidbits you might be able to bring home but will totally understand if you don't get a chance--you're going to have your hands full (literally! yay!)

Adopting1Soon said...

I flew KLM and luckily there was an Ethiopian woman at the ticket counter. I told her my bags were full of donations (the truth) for orphanages and she let me right through without paying the extra fee. Try and get in line with an Ethiopian person!

Anonymous said...

Aw, such love in your family. How wonderful. I'm a little verklempt, to be honest!

Beth

M.K.A.W. said...

You're getting so close to your travel date!!