Monday, November 2, 2009

Donations...

Well, as it gets closer to traveling to Ethiopia to pick up Maeve, I want to start gathering up donations to bring to Hannah's Hope.

Hannah's Hope is the home that Maeve is currently living -- and it is run by my agency, All God's Children International. I could not be happier that she is there... but, that is another post. Supplies can be very expensive and/or very difficult to obtain in Ethiopia, therefore Hannah's Hope relies heavily on donations brought by families who travel to pick up their children... This is not required, certainly, but I obviously want to do anything I can to supply Maeve's current home with as many donations as we can possibly bring. Knowing that Maeve is benefiting by such donations, makes my desire even stronger. When Hannah's Hope has excess, they provide the governmental orphanages with highly sought after donations too.

The biggest need Hannah's Hope has is for powdered soy formula and diapers. I will also attach this list of other coveted items, just in case.

Greatest needs are currently:
a.. Diapers (about half newborn-size 3 and the other half size 3 and 4's)
b.. Formula (especially soy) --powdered only
c.. Moisturizing Shampoo and conditioners for both babies and older kids
d.. Yellow Disinfectant cleaning gloves
e.. Tennis shoes for older kids (ones that would be playing soccer)
f.. Eye drops, for pink eye both for babies and older children.
g.. Eye drops for all kind of infections
h.. Ear drops for infections
i.. Iron drops that can be used for children.
j.. Iron pills for adults
k.. Different kind of antibiotic, to treat for pneumonia, ear infection
l.. Cold medicines for older children and adults
m.. Surgical gloves
n.. Some formula for babies born under weight or are under weight
Travelers

If you know me, or live in the Pacific Northwest, and wish to donate... please let me know. I'll be more than happy to fill every inch of my bag, and so will my sister-in-law, Stacy.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Shauna - I have been following your blog for awhile and am so thrilled that you passed court and are on your way! I am still waiting for my referral - a single mama adoption from Ethiopia also! I would like to help with your donations and I live in Portland, OR so hopefully we can connect before you go.
P.S. I have also added you to my blogroll...just an FYI. My blog URL is http://myethiopiangirl.blogspot.com/
I can't wait to see you bring your little girl home!
Laura