Friday, November 6, 2009

Booked...

We are booked.... Stacy and I will fly out on November 20th to Ethiopia and return on November 27th. It seems unreal almost. But, I'll try to adjust :-)

Maeve will be a seasoned international traveler before the year end. I was also busy purchasing our tickets to Winnipeg for Christmas. Yes, I know, it seems like cruel and unusual punishment to yank an infant from her warm and sunny Ethiopian summer and subject her to the cruel arctic-type cold of Winnipeg. It may be verging on child abuse. Sorry Maeve, but your Aunt, Uncle, cousins, and grandparents want to spoil you on your first Christmas... (I might mention that she will get plenty spoiled by her Gran upon arriving home... she should be plenty prepared)

I amended my leave of absence dates today. My last day of work will be next Friday and then I'll be off for 3 months... Yay. The timing to be off for all the holidays could not have worked out better. Well done Maeve.

7 comments:

karen gerstenberger said...

Yippee! That's wonderful news. You will be united with Maeve as we are celebrating Thanksgiving - what a wonderful time for beginning your family. Soooooo happy for you.

Adam and Christie said...

so exciting!!!!

Aaron & Whitney Pratt (A&W) said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done Maeve!

Laura said...

I am so excited for you! Perfect holiday gift.

hazel said...

This is FANTASTIC Shauna!!

And I think it's great that Maeve will spend her first Christmas in Canada :-)

I may not see in you in ET as I don't have my dates yet, but I'll be off for 3 months, too.

Happy packing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna...I'm sitting here with Jamie looking at your pics...I am so proud of you....you and Maeve are beautiful!!! I am very happy for you! Steve Ramsden