Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yay. We Did it!

Whaooo hoooo.... How fun. I mean, there were moments that weren't so fun... but, overall, totally fun! Walking down slopes or going downstairs, is more difficult right now than the average day, but its getting better!

The half marathon course was beyond gorgeous and we couldn't have asked for a better day -- it was totally clear, sunny, and the perfect temperature. Leavenworth is nestled in the Cascade Mountains with rivers and streams all around. The course was diverse and followed a lot of country roads -- at one point it took us on a trail run along the Wenatchee River's edge and people were out fly fishing -- it was just so peaceful and scenic... it just made me happy despite the pain I was experiencing! ha.

Before and After Shots.


Katie, Amy, and Amber were all rockstars coming in at 1:48, 1:55, and 1:56. I rolled in at 2:14... and I was perfectly fine with that. My goal was to complete it and not stop. Check and Check.



Beers and Brats. Celebrating being done. Yay.



Ummm... seriously? So cute. Little babies and their hats... Awesome.



Amy and Brent conveniently have a cabin in Leavenworth. These photos are the night before the big event.


Evidently, Amy goes "ganghsta" when she's at the cabin... and Amber's pretty tough too.



Katie helping with the cooking so we could "carb load"



And, here are our family photo shots... less Avery and Bennett who had to go to bed earlier.


So, the Leavenworth half marathon is going to be an annual event we decided...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just checking in to see if you were alive or with Ben. ;)

Nice work!!

See you Wednesday...
Lv, CT

karen gerstenberger said...

That's awesome - well done! Good friends, exercise, fresh air, beautiful countryside, beer and brats - what could be finer?

Rosanne and Brian Carter said...

YAHOOOO!! If there's room, maybe I'll join you one of these days...:) Well done Shauna!! Just think...Maeve will be at the finish line waiting for you next year!! :) xo

hazel said...

Congratulations, Shauna!

Eastiopians said...

I hope you get your court date soon soon soon! I also hope that you and the other families with referrals get a pleasant surprise of having October court dates. And I hope the judges are well rested and ready to approve these precious children to come home!

Anonymous said...

I was absolutely going to say I'm running that 1/2 marathon with you next year, until I saw pictures of you cooking out in the SNOW!! You are super hard core. My Sophia was a Thanksgiving baby 2 years ago! I hope for the same for you.

Andie