Monday, October 26, 2009

Spoiled Once Again...

I have to say... I have a new perspective of baby showers now that I've been the spoiled recipient of two. And, kudos to my friends on both of them -- no games. Thank goodness. I'm just not a shower-game kinda girl. I wandered up to Bellingham on Saturday and had a fantastic weekend. I had such a great time catching up with my friends and family, and received some amazing and unique gifts. I am always floored at the creative talents of my friends -- check out Maeve's personalized, homemade quilt Jaemi made for her.


And, I cannot wait for Misha to take photos of Maeve and I as her gift to us... she is an amazing photographer. Lucky us. I don't know how to thank everyone enough for all the generous and thoughtful gifts. And, a huge thank you to Ann and CJ for hosting this celebration for me.


Some shots from the shower. It was a good mix of friends and family. Sadly, my mom couldn't make it because she was out of town, but she was there in spirit.... and Maeve got another giraffe from her :-)




Crazy generous. Maeve is going to be the best dressed lil' girl ever. Is it wrong to be jealous of her wardrobe?


One of the most awesome parts of the shower was getting a surprise guest -- Stacy, my sister-in-law! The surprise totally worked. Had no idea. She flew in from Winnipeg for the weekend so that she could come to my shower. How sweet was that. Her sister and mom bought her a plane ticket for her birthday... awesome deal for me.

We celebrated Mike and Lance's birthday on Saturday night, so the party just carried on with everyone plus a team of kids. Fun times. On Sunday, instead of pointing my car south for Seattle, I headed north towards Ladner to have a visit with Stacy and her family for the day. Stacy is going to be joining me on my trip to pick up Maeve in Ethiopia. It was so fun to talk about it in person and let her know of my expectations of photography and videography of "the moment"... apparently I may have wanted to rethink who was going to be my A/V person!

1 comment:

Eastiopians said...

What a great shower! I love how you are surrounded by people that love you and Maeve! It certainly shows! I can't wait to meet you and Stacy (hint hint, we are going to travel together).

Theresa