Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Perfect Day...

October 28th, 2009... It may go down as the perfect day. Julie, my caseworker, called me at 8:48am to share the news that I was so anxious for -- that Maeve and I belong to each other, officially. What a sweet start to the day... I jumped on the phone, emailed, blogged, FB'd and spread the news. Then, I had to jump in the car to meet the guys to start our road trip north to Vancouver for the U2 in concert. Super duper fun and a ton of laughs. I rolled up with Chris, Ed, Jeff, and Jeff.

Ann and I were the lucky recipients of my friend's good charity -- we had special access passes, which situated us in the inner circle. It was Auh-some!... by the end of the night we were just 4-5 heads back from center stage. We were in a little disbelief at our good fortune. The concert was amazing. The stage was unbelievable. and the catwalks kept stoppping right in front of us... so Bono and the Edge were walking above us. Ahhhh....

When U2 was singing, "Its a Beautiful Day" I just kept thinking, it really is. I was giddy all day thinking about Maeve...

So, check out the photos and the videos.... Epic.


No amateurs here... We had snacks, drinks, the U2 concert playlist burned onto a couple of CD's... we ordered pizza to the car before the concert.



Ann and I staking a claim on our spots pre-concert



The Black Eyed Peas opened, which was super fun too.


And... a little eye candy from here on out


"I'll go Crazy if I don't go Crazy Tonight" Remix




Can you even believe how close we were??





Check out snippets of a few songs...



9 comments:

Di said...

Oh, my - you were close - but do you have any hearing today???!!! (yeah, I know - only an old mother would make that comment!!!)

cj said...

truly perfect. glad it was such an amazing day. i really can't believe how fantastic your tickets were! wow!! i bet you're in la-la land today.

Aubrey said...

Color me jealous...Totally amazing concert and I'm so happy you heard great news from Ethiopia!

mike said...

Epic night!!!! So fun and I'm honoured to have celebrated Maeve with you in such amazing fashion. xoxoxoxo

Kat said...

congratulations! I am so happy for you, I have been following your story for a while and I am so excited that you finally get your little angel, so sweet:)

Tracey said...

I also stumbled upon your site a while back and have been quietly waiting to hear the great news. I just wanted to say congratulations on your little girl. Even from just looking at her eyes I can see that she looks like a beautiful little angel. Congratulations and I think your journey has been an amazing one. Enjoy Mommyhood :)

Love, Tracey

The McBrides said...

I think I would just die if i were that close to Bono! and so appropriate to celebrate your big day! YEAH!

Adopting1Soon said...

WOW! What an AMAZE-BALLS day!!!!!!!!!!!!


Totally outta sight! I can't believe you passed court AND got to see Bono 5 rows away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is totally freaking amazing. The day to end all days. The mother of all days. Wow, it just doesn't get ANY better than that. The only thing that could top that would be.....

Picking up your daughter and sitting next to David Bowie on the plane, then having him take you in a time machine to watch a Ziggy and the Spiders concert, followed by backstage passes. And then snuggling with your daughter on her first night home. Yea, that MIGHT top it. But it's a close call.

Christopher said...

So glad I was there for that great day! Can't wait to see you two (pun intended)!!!