Thursday, October 22, 2009

Only 4 More Sleeps...

Until court. This is it. This is the moment I've been waiting on for over a year now. Its the most bizarre mix of emotions. I feel excited, anxious, and nervous all at the same time. It has been helpful that I had such a full and fun past weekend followed up by a very busy week at work. I am also thankful that I am about to embark on an equally fun weekend up in the 'ham with a different group of amazing friends... But, there is no denying that all I can think about is Maeve.

I had a conversation today with a friend at work about me embarking on motherhood and I made a realization -- I no longer freak out about being a mother. I used to live in this world of excitement and contentment about my decision to become a mom about 95% of the time. About 5% of the time I used to freak out about my decision! I decided, this emotion was probably normal and probably experienced by pregnant women too. But, ever since I got a glimpse of my little girl's face, that freak out emotion has left me. I haven't freaked out in over two and a half months. But not to appear ignorant -- I'm sure those emotions will make a reappearance when I'm trying to reason with an unreasonable toddler... In the meantime, I'll relish in a perfect score of excitement and contentment.

Four more sleeps people... only four more sleeps.

7 comments:

Aaron & Whitney Pratt (A&W) said...

Congrats!!!! The big day is just around the corner!! Praying you pass the very first time!

Audrey and Brian said...

Praying for your court date!! I'm sure there won't be a lot of sleeping at your household or ours Sunday night!!! I'm so nervous and excited too!

M.K.A.W. said...

We are praying that your court date goes smoothly!

missy said...

"i'll relish in a perfect score of excitement and contentment"...beautiful! can't wait to hear of good news. so excited you are going to be a mommy!

Sunday said...

Is your court date tonight or during the night tomorrow night? Let me know and I'll be praying!!!!

cj said...

behind, beside, before. christ is with you, maeve and us as we await her happy arrival. it was so great seeing you yesterday. i loved it. can't wait to hear your 10/26 news.

Eastiopians said...

This is it!!!! I am blog stalking you like crazy! I think you should just go to the AGCI office today and help them check their emails and voicemails...your good news may be sitting there !!!