Monday, October 19, 2009

One Week...

Exactly one week from today an Ethiopian Judge will make a decision of "my" lifetime -- Will Maeve legally become my daughter? "My daughter"... its starting to feel more and more natural to form those words in my mouth. But, its almost like I want to walk around on tip toes and not breathe too loudly. I don't want to rock such an important boat. Everything that I have done this year has been geared towards bringing that little girl home to me. She is beyond wanted...

Because there have been lots of questions regarding the court process, this is a clarification of what goes down. The Judge will review the mountain of paperwork and homestudy that I've submitted, and Maeve's documentation determining her eligibility to be adopted, plus her birth mom has to come and sign documentation finalizing her relinquishment. If, for some reason, I don't pass, it just means another court date needs to be set and whatever wasn't quite right needs to be amended -- I still have Maeve, just not legally yet. But, that's not going to happen.... right?

4 comments:

Eastiopians said...

This part is SO hard! Thinking of you! I hope you have the best call of your life first thing Tuesday morning! Ahhhhhhhh! How exciting! :)

Eastiopians said...

Of course I meant next Tuesday morning...don't want to confuse the other blog readers. :)

Karla said...

Wow, this sure sounds like labor to me. :) I pray that all goes smoothly so you can hold your little one sooner rather than later.

Erin said...

Yay!! It's about time. Are you still heading up this way next weekend?? I've got formula to off load.