Friday, October 9, 2009

No Court Date...

Well... the first week of October has wrapped itself up, at least in the business world, and still no word on a court date. The most common question I'm getting these days, of course is, "When are you traveling to Ethiopia?' Its a good question. I just wish I knew the answer...

Courts are supposed to be reopening... but its like a secret society over there -- no one really knows when they're reopening and no one's telling until it happens. Maybe it happened today; maybe next week? There were actually court dates scheduled for this past week that were rescheduled, at the last minute, to the third week of October. My hope for obtaining a court date in October is starting to slip away from me if they are rescheduling families that already had a court appointment in their hot little hand... I feel so badly for those families though. This wait is definitely the hardest... now that we all know who we've been waiting and loving on this whole time... and to have the court date snatched away and moved 2-3 weeks. Ughh...

I find that I am coping by doing retail therapy. Seriously, Maeve doesn't really need anymore clothes because so many of my friends have had babies before me, and therefore I reap those benefits... but, I long for Maeve so badly, that all I can do is shop for her. But, really.... Its gotta stop.

4 comments:

M.K.A.W. said...

According to our agency, the courts are now opening on October 12th. So, hopefully they will start issuing new court dates soon!

Sunday said...

I did the same thing Shauna!!! It still amazes me that I have this little beauty home with me now. It will happen for you too and when it happens all the waiting will seem like a blur. It is SO worth it!

karen gerstenberger said...

UGH. Patience is not my greatest virtue...may you be blessed with healthy things to do while you wait for your court date, and meeting your beautiful daughter!

Andrew and Amber said...

Sorry Shauna! This is the hardest part of the wait! Hoping and praying you get a date very soon!